Organizations Can Provide Access to Any Windows or Internal Web App on Any Device with Cameyo Hosted on Azure
CARY, N.C. – Sept. 9, 2020 – Cameyo, the Digital Workspace solution that boosts remote worker productivity by delivering Windows and internal web apps to any device from the browser without the need for VPNs, today announced the global availability of its fully-hosted service on Microsoft Azure. Previously only available on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Cameyo’s fully-hosted service – which includes premium features like elasticity, usage optimization, and Cameyo’s Session Sync and Port Shield technologies – is now available to all organizations worldwide on Microsoft Azure as well.
Organizations around the world are transitioning to a long-term – and in some cases permanent – approach to enabling productive remote work. To do so, companies need to provide their people with secure access to all of the business-critical Windows and internal web apps that people need to be productive – on any device, from the browser. Cameyo’s Digital Workspace platform now lets organizations select from multiple deployment options, including:
- Fully-Hosted – Enables organizations to experience all of the premium features of Cameyo, now with the option of being hosted in either Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Self-Hosted – Provides organizations the ability to self-host Cameyo in any cloud, hybrid, or on-premises environment by simply installing Cameyo on a Windows Server.
“Organizations’ needs have quickly evolved from simply activating short-term remote work fixes to enabling a long-term remote work strategy that emphasizes secure productivity,” said Mark Bowker, Senior Analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “But flexibility and the ability to choose the cloud provider that’s best for them remains a critical consideration as organizations evaluate Digital Workspace solutions. By extending the functionality of it’s fully-hosted service to Microsoft Azure – while also letting people self-host in their own environments – Cameyo is making it even easier for organizations to enable secure productivity in any cloud, on-premises, or hybrid environment.”
Beginning today, organizations looking to deploy a secure Digital Workspace within Microsoft Azure can experience the following benefits of Cameyo:
- Simplicity and Ease of Management – Unlike traditional virtual desktop products that take weeks or months to deploy, Cameyo enables organizations to be fully up and running within hours. And unlike VDI and DaaS deployments that can require up to 10 full-time employees to manage on an ongoing basis, Cameyo can be deployed and managed by just one person with limited IT expertise.
- Cost Savings – Cameyo’s elasticity and usage optimization technologies dramatically reduce cost by dynamically spinning up and down servers based on demand, ensuring that organizations aren’t paying for 24/7 servers when they aren’t being used.
- Enhanced User Experience – Cameyo’s Session Sync technology provides data resiliency so that a user’s settings and files follow them from session to session, ensuring a seamless user experience when accessing their business-critical apps remotely. And because Cameyo enables users to experience the full desktop version of their applications directly from the browser, users’ have nothing new to learn.
- Infrastructure Reduction – Unlike VDI products that increase the amount of infrastructure you need to manage – and therefore the cost and complexity – Cameyo’s cloud-native platform helps customers reduce infrastructure and costs by up to 80% compared to virtual desktop products.
- Increased Security – Security is paramount, especially in the remote work era where organizations need to ensure that their people can remain productive on any device. In addition to secure delivery of apps via HTTPS and separating applications from the device’s OS, Cameyo’s platform features Port Shield technology which proactively protects customers from RDP vulnerabilities that can lead to brute force attacks and ransomware, which are on the rise as attackers increasingly target people working from home.
“Cameyo was purpose-built for the cloud – so the ability to operate in any cloud environment is in our DNA,” said Andrew Miller, Co-Founder and CEO of Cameyo. “By extending all of the premium cost savings, simplicity, and security benefits of our fully-hosted version to Microsoft Azure we are expanding our commitment to customer choice. Especially given the urgency around deploying long-term remote work solutions, we remain focused on ensuring our customers can deploy Cameyo in their environment of choice to ensure the simplest path to enabling remote productivity for all of their people.”
Any organization can get started with Cameyo in minutes by loading the applications they want to publish to their users to the Cameyo platform. Cameyo seamlessly integrates with Office 365, G Suite, Okta, Ping ID and most Single Sign-On (SSO) providers giving organizations the ability to manage authentication, permissions, users, and groups with no additional work. Once published, the organization’s users can securely access all of these legacy Windows or internal web apps directly from the browser, enabling them to utilize the apps on any device. Users can start work on one device and finish on another thanks to Cameyo’s Session Sync technology that provides data resiliency across sessions.
Pricing and Availability
Available immediately, all organizations can select between Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform when utilizing the fully-hosted version of Cameyo’s Digital Workspaces platform. Cameyo can also be self-hosted in any environment – including any other cloud provider, on-premises, or hybrid environment.
Cameyo is a cloud-native Digital Workspace solution that enables the secure delivery of Windows and internal web applications to any device from the browser without the need for VPNs. By enabling organizations to provide their people with access to the business-critical apps they need to stay productive from anywhere, Cameyo helps make Remote Work, work. Hundreds of enterprises and organizations utilize Cameyo’s Digital Workspace solution to deliver Windows and internal web applications to hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. To learn more, visit cameyo.com.