Cameyo and Softwatch Team Up to Provide Organizations with Assessments & App Compatibility Checklist
CARY, N.C. – Feb. 12, 2020 – For most organizations running Windows 7, the lack of application compatibility is a primary roadblock preventing them from adopting Windows 10. While the end-of-service (EOS) date for Windows 7 was January 14, 2020, it is reported that 28 percent of all Windows PCs are still running Windows 7. For organizations seeking a path to migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing access to the critical Windows 7 applications their business relies upon, Cameyo and Softwatch have teamed up to offer organizations an application compatibility checklist and assessments of their environments to help ease the transition.
The Windows 7 Application Migration Program provides organizations the educational resources needed to guide them through their options when it comes to Windows 7 migration. Regardless of what mix of platforms a company is considering migrating to – Windows 10, Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), Chrome, MacOS, or Linux – the Windows 7 Application Migration Program provides the following tools to make the migration simple:
- Windows 7 Application Compatibility Checklist – A simple 9-point checklist to help navigate and identify the core issues an organization needs to consider to properly prepare for a migration. Organizations can download the checklist here.
- Free App Compatibility Assessment by Cameyo – A focused assessment provided by Cameyo to walk through each organization’s responses to the checklist, resulting in a specific plan of action for addressing their application compatibility issues. Organizations can schedule their free assessment here.
- Real Application Usage Service by SoftWatch – A data collection service that provides a comprehensive view of an organization’s application usage, enabling resource management and optimization accordingly. Organizations can schedule a demo here.
- Free Trial of Cameyo’s Virtual Application Delivery Platform – Organizations looking to deliver legacy Windows applications to any device from the browser can access a free trial of Cameyo’s virtual application delivery platform. Begin your free trial here today, and select the “Windows 7 Migration” option from the dropdown list to be eligible for special discounts.
- Migration Discounts – Organizations looking to migrate will receive a 20% discount on Cameyo and Softwatch solutions through the end of March 2020.
“Many organizations today still rely on at least two to three legacy Windows 7 applications that are not yet compatible with Windows 10, putting them in the unenviable position of deciding between signing up for expensive Extended Security Updates (ESUs) or disrupting their business by losing access to critical apps,” said Andrew Miller, Co-Founder and CEO of Cameyo. “With Cameyo’s virtual application delivery platform, you can easily migrate to Windows 10 (or any other operating system of choice) and provide access to all of your Windows 7 apps on any device, from the browser. We’re here to help streamline your Windows 7 migration plan.”
“When planning your Windows 7 migration, it’s critical that you have an accurate picture of which applications are not compatible with Windows 10, and how many people in your organization are actually still using those applications,” said Dror Leshem, CEO of Softwatch. “Softwatch maps and measures your organization’s real app usage to help provide a clear roadmap to cloud migration.”
SoftWatch is a leader in application usage analytics. With its patented SaaS solution, it enables enterprises to effectively manage the transition of business applications to the cloud, optimize their hybrid cloud environment and improve software ROI. To learn more on SoftWatch tools visit www.softwatch.com or directly visit the OptimizeIT Premium webpage.
Cameyo is a cloud-native virtual application delivery platform that enables the secure delivery of Windows desktop applications to any device from any browser. As organizations pursue Digital Transformation, they hit a common roadblock during their shift to the cloud – the inability to deliver their legacy Windows applications from the cloud. Cameyo solves this issue by providing everyone with seamless access to their Windows apps on any device, from any HTML5 browser. Hundreds of enterprises and organizations utilize Cameyo’s virtual application delivery platform to deliver Windows applications to tens of thousands of users worldwide. To learn more, visit cameyo.com.