For years, ChromeOS devices have been heralded for their simplicity, security, and value proposition. With the introduction of Chromebook Plus, ChromeOS devices with certain specs will have these benefits supercharged to meet the modern demands of businesses and professionals. But before we dive into all the ways that Chromebook Plus can benefit your organization/business, first let’s define what Chromebook Plus actually is.
Chromebook Plus is a new category of ChromeOS devices that come with the following guaranteed hardware specs:
- CPU: Intel Core i3 12th Gen or above, or AMD Ryzen 3 7000 series or above
- RAM: 8GB+
- Storage: 128GB+
- Webcamera: 1080p+ with Temporal Noise Reduction
- Display: Full HD IPS or better display
- Operating System: ChromeOS
But it’s not just a series of new specs – Chromebook Plus devices also come with a host of new features. From pro level video editing, AI-based features like Magic Eraser in Google Photos, to a host of new services that make your professional life easier – here’s an in-depth look at the advantages that Chromebook Plus offers to businesses and how Chrome OS’ integration with Cameyo amplifies those capabilities even more.
1. Performance Unparalleled
At the heart of the Chromebook Plus is the promise of increased power. With faster processors plus double the memory and storage, multitasking becomes a breeze. From running complex data analytics to simple document editing, businesses can rely on Chromebook Plus to deliver seamless performance. Paired with a Full HD IPS (or better) display, Chromebook Plus devices also guarantee clear visuals, essential for presentations or graphic-intensive tasks.
2. Video Conferencing Elevated
In the era of remote work and global collaboration, video conferencing has become an essential tool. New Chromebook Plus laptops feature enhanced 1080p webcams with temporal noise reduction to ensure high-quality video feeds, and the built-in AI elevates the experience further by optimizing lighting and cancelling background noise. Whether it’s for internal team meetings on Google Meet or client calls on Zoom, Chromebook Plus guarantees a pristine video calling and collaboration experience.
3. Apps for Every Business Need
With Chromebook Plus you can bring a wide variety of projects to life with built-in Google apps, as well as creative powerhouses like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Express and LumaFusion. Advanced graphical projects are easily managed, and with promotional offerings like three months of Adobe Photoshop free, businesses can test out these tools without immediate commitment. But wait – what about all the Windows or internal web apps your business relies on? See below for more – but spoiler alert, we’ve got you covered.
4. AI-Powered Productivity
The on-device AI in Chromebook Plus devices not only enhances video calls but is set to redefine content creation. Whether drafting emails, creating social media posts, or even designing custom wallpapers, the built-in AI capabilities will streamline tasks, saving time and effort. The integration of AI capabilities, especially with Google Workspace’s Duet AI, hints at future collaborative tools that can revolutionize business workflows.
5. Reliable Data Access with File Sync
The Chromebook Plus ensures that your important files from Google Drive are always at your fingertips. Whether online or offline, the new File Sync feature keeps your data accessible, making it an ideal solution for professionals on the move.
6. Future-Proofing with Continuous Enhancements
Chromebook Plus isn’t just about today’s advantages. Google’s commitment to updating and improving Chromebook Plus devices means that businesses investing in these devices today can be assured of reaping benefits tomorrow. From generative AI backgrounds for video calls to content drafting assistance, there’s a lot on the horizon.
While Chromebook Plus brings numerous advantages to the table, businesses aiming for a holistic adoption of ChromeOS devices need to ensure comprehensive app accessibility, including vital Windows apps. This is where Cameyo steps in.
ChromeOS Virtual App Delivery with Cameyo
The only thing more exciting that realizing that Chromebook Plus makes it easy for your organization to adopt business-ready ChromeOS devices is knowing that you can do so while maintaining access to ALL of the apps your people need to be productive.
Transitioning to ChromeOS doesn’t mean you need to leave behind your essential Windows applications (because, frankly, you can’t leave many of those apps behind without disrupting business). Cameyo’s Virtual App Delivery solution has been bridging this gap for five year, allowing businesses to fully embrace ChromeOS devices. But even more importantly, back in August we announced that Cameyo has officially been integrated into ChromeOS and launched “ChromeOS Virtual App Delivery with Cameyo.”
Here are the key benefits of this in-depth integration of Cameyo into ChromeOS:
- Simplified App Delivery – “Deploying apps with ChromeOS and Cameyo is remarkably simple. Session management, load balancing, failover, etc. – it’s all handled by Cameyo, so all we had to focus on was the apps we wanted to publish. It was very easy to get set up, and ongoing management is a breeze – especially when compared to traditional virtual desktop approaches.” – Mario Zúñiga, IT Director, Digital Workplace at Fortune 500 manufacturer Sanmina
- Reduce TCO by 54% – After speaking with organizations that made the switch from traditional virtual desktops to Virtual App Delivery with ChromeOS and Cameyo, analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) released a recent Economic Validation study that found ChromeOS and Cameyo provide a 54% reduction in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) compared to virtual desktops.
- Enhanced Security – “One of the biggest draws of migrating to ChromeOS was its security. This integration, and the fact that Cameyo has a zero-trust security model baked in at its core, adds additional layers of security so that we can confidently enable our employees to work from anywhere, on any device, with the utmost security.” – Mario Zúñiga, IT Director, Digital Workplace at Fortune 500 manufacturer Sanmina
- The Best User Experience – “It’s clear that Cameyo and the ChromeOS team have worked closely together on integration because the user experience is just seamless. There’s no difference between the experience people used to have with local apps and the apps that are running in Cameyo on ChromeOS. All of the feedback from our users has been incredibly positive.” – Dan Morley, Head of IT Infrastructure and Service at Village Hotels
For a detailed look at how Cameyo is revolutionizing ChromeOS app delivery, check out the official announcement.
In addition to the Google and Cameyo partnership providing your business with the peace of mind of a deeply integrated solution set, many of the major ChromeOS device manufacturers (OEMs) are also starting to bundle the ChromeOS Virtual App Delivery with Cameyo solution into the sale of their Chromebooks. For example:
- Acer – Check out this blog post to learn more about a bundle of Acer’s ChromeOS devices with Cameyo
- LG – Check out this announcement to learn more about how LG is bundling the Cameyo Virtual App Delivery solution with it’s ChromeOS Flex-certified devices
And there are many more to come, as more ChromeOS device manufacturers look to eliminate the app gap and enable major enterprises to adopt Chromebooks while still being able to access all their apps.
Conclusion: A Comprehensive Solution for Modern Businesses
In the ever-evolving digital landscape, businesses need solutions that are future-proof, efficient, and versatile. Chromebook Plus, especially when paired with the ChromeOS Virtual App Delivery with Cameyo solution, offers a comprehensive package. It ensures businesses are equipped with top-tier hardware and software capabilities while also guaranteeing access to all essential legacy applications, including legacy Microsoft and Windows apps. It’s a combination that is hard to beat for businesses looking to stay ahead when it comes to reducing costs, providing zero trust security, and delivering the best digital employee experience possible.
To see for yourself how ChromeOS Virtual App Delivery with Cameyo can help your organization access all of your apps – including Windows, Linux, SaaS, and internal webs apps – on Chromebook Plus devices, you can start a free trial to test it yourself or schedule a demo and we’ll give you a personal walkthrough and show you case studies that are relevant to your business.
As of this blog post’s writing, here are the list of Chromebook Plus eligible devices:
|Acer||Acer Chromebook Spin 514 (CP514-3H, CP514-3HH, CP514-3WH)|
|Acer||Acer Chromebook Spin 714 (CP714-1WN)|
|Acer||Acer Chromebook Spin 714 (CP714-2W, CP714-2WN)|
|Acer||Acer Chromebook 516 GE (CBG516-1H)|
|Acer||Acer Chromebook Vero 514 (CBV514-1H, CBV514-1HT)|
|ASUS||ASUS Chromebook CM34 Flip (CM3401)|
|ASUS||ASUS Chromebook Flip CX5 (CX5601)|
|Dell||Dell Latitude 5430 Chromebook|
|Dell||Dell Latitude 5430 2-in-1 Chromebook|
|Framework||Framework Laptop Chromebook Edition|
|HP||HP Chromebook 15.6 15a-nb0xxx (xxx: 001~999)|
|HP||HP Chromebook x360 14 inch (14c-cd0xxx) (xxx: 001~999)|
|HP||HP Dragonfly Pro Chromebook|
|HP||HP Elite Dragonfly Chromebook|
|HP||HP Elite c640 14 inch G3 Chromebook|
|HP||HP Elite c645 G2 Chromebook|
|Lenovo||Lenovo Flex 5i Chromebook 14” (IP Flex 5 Chrome 14IAU7)|
|Lenovo||IdeaPad Flex 5i Chromebook (14″, 7) (IP Flex 5 Chrome 14IAU7)|
|Lenovo||IdeaPad Gaming Chromebook 16″|
|Lenovo||Lenovo Slim 3i Chromebook 14″|
|Lenovo||IdeaPad Slim 3i Chromebook (14″, 8)|
|Lenovo||Lenovo ThinkPad C14 Chromebook|
|Lenovo||Lenovo 5i Chromebook 16″|
|Lenovo||IdeaPad 5i Chromebook (16″, 7)|
|Lenovo||Lenovo 14e Chromebook Gen 3|