Cameyo’s 2nd Patent Protects the Technology that Enables Independence from Active Directory and Vendor Lock-In
CARY, N.C. – October 12, 2022 – Cameyo, the Virtual App Delivery (VAD) provider that enables ultra-secure Cloud Desktops so your people can be productive from anywhere, today announced that it has received its second patent, which protects Cameyo’s Temporary User Profiles technology. Cameyo Temporary User Profiles make it easier for enterprises to move to the cloud by eliminating the on-premises components that make legacy virtualization solutions so costly and complex – including Active Directory, roaming users profiles, network drive mapping, VPNs, and more.
“For organizations that are looking to migrate to the cloud, roaming user profile bloat is holding them back. Active Directory and roaming user profiles are not a fit for the cloud – they are complex, and negatively impact the user experience,” said Eyal Dotan, Founder and CTO of Cameyo. “Virtualization solutions that rely on roaming user profiles fall into the trap of constantly trying to sync modern technology with the past instead of clearing the path for cloud-native technologies by eliminating the dependence on Active Directory and on-premise components.”
With legacy VDI and DaaS solutions, everything the user has ever done is pulled into each session. This causes user profiles to swell to dozens if not hundreds of gigabytes in size, resulting in significant performance issues for the end user. Cameyo’s Temporary User Profiles technology eliminates this user profile bloat associated with Active Directory, enabling Cameyo to deliver a seamless, secure Cloud Desktop experience for end users. And while the patent is newly issued, Cameyo’s Temporary User Profiles are already being used by hundreds of customers globally, including Fortune 500 organizations.
The Cameyo Temporary User Profiles patent is strategic for customers for three key reasons:
- Protecting Our Customers Against Vendor Lock-In. Cameyo’s Temporary User Profiles are what give it the unique capability to operate without dependency on Microsoft’s Active Directory and the bloated roaming profiles that come with it.
- Protecting Customers’ Ability to Reduce Costs Without Sacrificing Scalability. Cameyo Temporary User Profiles enable administrators to set up elastic server environments without having to worry about mapping user profiles to a particular server. From an elasticity perspective, this is as flexible as it gets, and enables the highest levels of cost reduction.
- Protecting Our Customers’ Networks, Data, and Users. Cameyo Temporary User Profiles are also unique in terms of data privacy and security, enabling Cameyo’s practice of wiping every session as soon as it’s over. This ensures that there are no traces of private data left on Cameyo servers after a session, while also ensuring the protection of customers’ networks since Cameyo does not sync any malware or Windows-related issues.
How Does it Work?
The following is an outline of how Cameyo’s Temporary User Profiles technology works, and the functionality that is protected by this latest patent:
- Cameyo creates Temporary User Profiles that are not tied to Active Directory.
- When a user is ready to start a session, Cameyo generates an ultra-secure, one-time password.
- Cameyo then allows the user to connect with a Temporary User Profile.
- To make sure each temporary session is familiar to the user and where they left off, Cameyo brings back the data from a user’s previous session with its unique Session Sync technology.
- For example – a hybrid worker who splits time between home and the office can access all of their apps from anywhere, and their data from previous sessions always follows them so that they can continue to work when they log back in.
- Whenever they log off, Cameyo wipes that session, but sync the user’s session data with Session Sync.
- When the user logs back on, Cameyo could be serving them from a totally different server with a brand new, temporary Windows user profile just for that session – while still preserving their data from one session to the next.
“As legacy VDI and DaaS providers like Citrix and VMware are acquired and their customers begin to look for cloud-native alternatives, this patent puts Cameyo in a unique position to become the new standard for enterprise virtualization,” said Andrew Miller, Co-Founder and CEO of Cameyo.
Cameyo’s Virtual App Delivery (VAD) platform provides an ultra-secure, simple, and cost-effective cloud desktop solution for enabling you to deliver all your apps – legacy Windows, internal web, and SaaS – to any device without the need for legacy virtual desktops or VPNs. Unlike traditional VDI and DaaS solutions, Cameyo is a cloud-native virtualization solution that delivers any application to any device without delivering the Windows OS. Cameyo’s cloud desktop solution dramatically reduces cost & complexity while increasing security and providing a more seamless user experience. Cameyo is a Chrome Enterprise Recommended solution, and hundreds of enterprises and organizations across all industries utilize Cameyo to deliver business-critical applications to hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. As of September 2022, Cameyo has a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of +83 with zero detractors – 100% of responding customers would recommend Cameyo to their peers. To learn more, visit cameyo.com.